Resilience - Autonomous network
The SAFE Network is a resilient and autonomous network. There are many factors that have an impact on a network's performance and its ability to adapt to a changing environment. These factors have to be assessed and handled without the intervention of humans or large server systems.
The requirements of the resilient SAFE Network are as follows:
- Cryptographically secured
- A system of guaranteed Vault identification
- A peer-to-peer (P2P) network that is very accurate and can guarantee Vault proximity to any address
- Ensure home routers are able to allow connections both ways (NAT traversal)
- A mechanism where users can prove they have provided resources
- A mechanism of resource measurement and reward
- Dealing with very high levels of churn (computers going off and on, potentially staying off)
- The power to remove any administrative requirement
By meeting all these requirements the SAFE Network is able to support a network that can adapt quickly and automatically to hostile network environments, such as the Internet.